It is extremely important for contractors and owners of a building to understand fire watch requirements in detail.
If any required fire protection system (fire alarm, sprinkler, fire pump, etc) fails or is out of service for more than 4 hours it may require the establishment of a fire watch. Also, if there are an excessive number of accidental activation or nuisance alarms, a building owner (or their representative) may be required by the Fire Department to provide a fire watch until the system is repaired.
A fire watch is also required whenever fire protection systems are in a trouble or a supervisory mode for more than eight hours.
- Identify any fire, life or property hazards
- Conduct periodic patrols of the entire facility
- Notify the Fire Department if a fire is discovered by calling 9-1-1 with the exact address and type of emergency
- Notify occupants of the facility of the need to evacuate
- Maintain a log of Fire Watch activities
- Have knowledge of the location and use of fire protection equipment
- Check the serviceability of your fire equipment like extinguishers and fire control panels.
- We will respond as quickly as possible and typically within less than sixty minutes. We provide all the required log books and equipment needed to conduct the job. We also keep high-quality communications with the local fire department and the client until the end of the assignments.